Thread: Accountability
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #65
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Hence maybe Bob knows better how to run it than you or I. Maybe for him he saw the benefit and thus extended the contract of the HC mutiple times
Bob is making money hand over fist, and changing head coaches is, in his words, a traumatic experience.

Accountability will come when the profit margin reduces to a point that he finds unacceptable. Last time that was after a 2-14 season, so his tolerance is much wider than most fans would like to believe.

I will always be grateful to McNair for the obvious. However, I do not wear blinders that he values championships more than a successful business. Perhaps he believes Kubiak can bring a championship and is willing to give him infinite patience up to the point that it is undermining his successful business. In that case, we basically have a Marvin Lewis doppelganger front office and Kubiak has to fail spectacularly to be released.

Does anyone believe that McNair would clean house if this team goes 9-7 and misses the playoffs? I do not hold that belief at this time based on the franchise's short history.