View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #1356
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
It is folding, tucking tail. You are holding on to a powerball odds to hope you can retire thinking Case or Yates can come through.
Unless you have a lot of confidence in Kubiak's ability to design a gameplan to help these guys be successful.

I go back & forth all the time on this. I've never been a Schaub fan, but I've never been a hater either. He's outplayed a lot of more talented QBs & have put together a very nice NFL QB career.

But he's a back-up. He was a back-up when we got him & he's a back-up now. It's arguable that Sage would have had similar numbers had he been able to develop in this system, possibly more wins as Sage is a gamer, possibly more losses as he's a gambler as well.

If Kubiak were to decide that he can win with Tj/Keenum I'm down. But I'd feel much better about it if he made that decision at 2-3 rather than 6-8.

So in my mind, this has got to work. He's got to minimize Schaub's influence on the next couple of games, while collecting wins, while nursing Schaub's confidence back to "mediocre."

I remember what it was like when we played conservative all year long, then tried to open it up in December. Wasn't very good, kinda like what we're seeing now. If he can find a way to win despite the INTs & Pick6es, I'd be willing to see us continue to be aggressive (with the defense & run game stepping up) then trying to scale it back in the play-offs.

Like I said, I'm back & forth on this. I don't know what the right decision is & I'm glad it's not mine to make.