View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gary Kubiak Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
why is Cowher considered a pipe dream?
It has been an on-going speculation and rumor that he has been offered NFL head coaching jobs every year since his retirement.

If he still had the fire and passion, he would have taken one of those jobs. Head coaches are full of ego and confidence about themselves, and most (if not all) believe they can be the catalyst to propel crappy teams to success.

I do not want a tv personality with an NFL past waiting for his "perfect" moment. If the dude was serious about it, he'd be doing it. Seems he'd just be cashing a paycheck by accepting a Goldilocks gig, where everything is "juuuuust right".

We need a hungry head coach, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I have always liked Cowher. However, that does not blind me to the reality that his belly is full at this point in life. I say this by judging his actions (and inaction) on the subject of head coaching in the NFL.