View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Rate these quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Nothing wrong with your list. Scary thing about it is that basically the rest of the team has to be damn near flawless or play a very balanced game for Schaub to have success. It is probably one of the issues but nothing we can do about it. But yeah I agree. Best chance we have to stay alive is to fall back and go conservative mode. At least that way the games can be close instead of these double digit losses that are happening far too often lately. It will also keep the team from getting over demoralized by another bad play/situation.
Not calling him Rodgers, but Rodgers is also having trouble winning games when everything isn't perfect.

I'm also not asking for perfect. Just situationally better. Sunday after Ben Tate fumbled the ball, SF starts on our 8 yard line. Our defense held them to a field goal. This was in the 4th qtr.

Two of Schaub's interceptions gave SF the ball on our 30. Our defense gave up TDs on both. The second one SF scored on a 3 play 69 yard drive. We can't let that happen. If they've got 70 yards to go, we should be able to hold them scoreless regardless how they got the ball.

Also, after the pick 6, Schaub was throwing the ball well on our next drive. He was looking really good. We get down to their 30, on 3rd & 1 Arian picks up the first, but OD is called for holding. It's 3rd & 11, OD is called for a false start. It's 3rd & 16 & Kubiak calls for the worse looking screen I've ever seen. Then the fat Hobbit misses a chip-shot field goal. Then the defense gives up another TD on a 70 yard drive.

That's not stepping up from anyone. All that "we support our QB" yak is just lip service if this is how we "answer" adversity. Arian answered the call, I think Keyshawn answered the call, & there were a few on defense (Cushing, Watt, Mays, Crick, Mitchell were all great). The hold was a ticky-tack call, but the false start? Owen ain't no rookie. Then the play-call for the screen..... I'm not blaming Kubiak for that one, I'm blaming Schaub for not asking for something down field. He needs to show his coach he has the confidence needed to make that call. If the throw isn't there, throw it away & we've still got the field goal...... then missing the field goal.... Again, I keep harping on it but a 70 yard TD drive right there does not say, "We've got his back!!"

We could have played better across the board in that situation. That's a team fail.