View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gary Kubiak Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I went with Cower. He has a good NFL track record, and has the blue collar persona that I would like the Texans to take on as a team. Hard nosed. Very much a player's coach.

---in no particular order---

Chucky- has a good NFL record as well, but I don't get the sense that he would be fully committed to coaching again. Seems like a player's coach as well, but probably not on the same level as Cower in that regard.

Sabine- great college coach, horrible personality, and I think his act would wear thin quickly with NFL players.

Sumlin- I like him a lot. Hard to say how his style would translate to the NFL, but I get the feeling that his players would run through a raging fire for him. Comes across as being a pretty inspiring guy to me (and I'm Burnt Orange through and through).

That's the reason I'd want Cowher. I kind of question whether he'd be that into coaching again just like you do with Gruden. I think any of these guys could have had a coaching job over the last few years if they'd wanted it and if they really had wanted to do it then they'd be coaching right now.

Having said that and assuming the former NFL coaches on this poll would be ready to jump in and commit to the franchise completely I think it's got to be Cowher (in this particular fantasy world). That blue collar persona you mention and the work ethic that goes along with it is, I believe what McNair loves about Kubiak. Kubiak also gives off that "just keep on working harder" kind of vibe but Cowher actually is what Bob thinks he's already got with Gary.

As so many have already said though it's gonna be Wade. When Bob hired Wade I am certain that there was an unspoken tacit agreement that Wade would be in "pole position" should Gary be fired. He's the HC in waiting and we're either going to get him or stumble along for another 5 years with Kubiak. Not sure which fate is worse