Thread: Accountability
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013   #47
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
I don't know about "sick" and/or "delusional, because psychologically this pattern fits within the normal realm of human behavior. In other words, this hypothesis wouldn't be an overt psychosis from Gary Kubiak - merely a microcosm of what we've all experienced from time to time, only, in this case, commiserate to a higher level of public scrutiny.

I've been saying this for years that Kubiak's backup QB mentality has been hurting this team via Matt Schaub. So, I think your point is extremely valid.

To that end, Gary has the capability to get it done, and probably lead this team to a Super Bowl, but only if he can somehow acquire a QB that doesn't fit his mold - to get out of Gary's comfort zone - someone that Gary can only shape so much, in all the right ways. Instead, this yet-to-be-named young QB negates the need for Gary to infuse his own shortcomings into him, because he's more talented than Gary ever was.

I think Gary could except that. It's just that he made a good call with Schuab, had initial success, but like Robert Zimmerman, "The Times They Are a-Changin'." Whether Gary adapts or not is a different story. If he can, he should be golden. If not, he's done.
My money is on not. If Gary has proven one thing, he's consistent. I'll bet you this week's mentality is just like the week's past... Aw Shucks Matt, your our guy. Don't worry about last week... That's on me. Go on out there, and do your best. We all need to play better and doggonit, we will! Let's, instead focus on fixing the real problems we have.... Defense.