View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013   #174
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak to have team meeting Wednesday AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
You don't remember Moon getting benched for Commander Cody? The only reason Moon got his job back was b/c Cody pulled his groin.
You know, since I always call our back-up QB's 'Commander Cody and Gif Neilson', this is the perfect reference really. I don't mean that in a personal way, just in a talent way. Giff and Cody were great back up quality players, kinda like Kubiak when he was backing up Elway. Not really starters though.

I think your reference and point of the matter is that Pardee had the nuts to bench future HOF'er Warren Moon because he kept turning the ball over. Hell, venture out and look up the stats on who has the most fumbles in NFL history and one will find that Warren Moon is number two all-time with 161 fumbles. Ironically, Pardee is an Aggie just like Kubiak. Both are Gentlemen and great people. Very similar really. Pardee had more raw material to work with though. Shaub isn't close to being in Warren Moon's class and stop kidding yourself that Carlson would have kept the job for long. Excellent overall point though.

Quote:
Quarterback Warren Moon, benched in favor of backup Cody Carlson, threw for two touchdowns after the starter was injured, and the Oilers (2-4) cruised to a 28-14 win.

Moon (16 for 21, 102 yards) entered the game in the second quarter after Carlson took himself out with a severe groin pull.

The 37-year-old veteran admitted it was strange to come off the bench.

"I was stiff as a board, believe it or not," he said. "I hadn't really been throwing the ball on the sideline since the start of the game."

He loosened up in a hurry, completing 4 of 5 passes for 29 yards on an 11-play, 57-yard touchdown drive.

"Warren has been a good quarterback," Oiler Coach Jack Pardee said. "But he suffered some turnovers, and it wasn't all his fault. . . . I think he responded great, like the true professional that he is."
http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...8&slug=1726765

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote