View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013   #138
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 286048 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak sticking with Schaub - still named starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
That is exactly it. There won't be a next year for Keenum unless he proves what he has this season. I don't think anyone would care if he just got a few games and ended up playing really poorly. NO ONE has suggested that it is for sure that Keenum will open up the scoreboard or anything, but with his arm and his mobility and the recent successes of a lot of young QB's leads a lot of spectators room to believe that Keenum just might be one of those diamond in the rough players out there. We need to see though.
The thing about it is that if this "decision" was about saving his job, well my job if I were Kubiak, I'd go with Case now. Especially if he had any reason to be suspicious of Matt's foot.

Sure, CnD knew about the foot, but obviously the Texans' doctors don't. I'd blame his foot anyway, say "How was I supposed to know? We rolled the dice & it came up snake eyes."

Then go with Keenum. The fans would have sympothy for him, McNair would understand. He can still bring in a QB in the off-season to "compete" with Keenum.

Of course, Kubiak may think he has time to play the Keenum card. Still, if there was any question about his foot, now would be the time.