View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013   #1305
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
How does he NOT deserve the boos? At the very least, he deserves the NFL's equivalent of demotion or firing (benched or cut/traded). Since his employee is a bigger pig head than he is, we are forced to rely on things within the right/control of fans, to boo him and let him know he is not performing at any acceptable level. It is not another week or another game. This is a TREND going all the way back to last season. Schaub is not a good QB anymore. He may still flash some glimpses of what he did when he was still pretty good, but those days are long gone.

Again, I am not actively hoping he gets injured or mentally breaks down. I would much rather he gets benched/cut/traded first but it seems increasingly unlikely to happen at this point in time with Kubes manning the ship. I have a feeling he will guide it into rocks being changing QB's or being forced to.
Because you are talking about boo'ing him immediately as he appears. How does that help the team? He's starting whether we like it or not so to support our team we need hope he doesn't play like crap again. How will boo'ing him help that effect? Do you really want to see us lose to the likes of the Rams? Not like they will hear the boos before the game starts and say 'Oh no throw in Yates!' So the effect will only be negative at that point and nothing to gain from it. If we need to release frustration that badly then before the game take your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, mistress or whatever and hit the bed. Best stress reliever in the world right there.

Now if he goes in there and continues to suck that's a different story. Boo birds errupt. But it shouldn't be a second before nor overboard like the childish name calling/threats some fans do (not saying you obviously). Give him support til he does something to lose it during the game otherwise we're hurting our team ourselves. That's not what a fanbase should do nor is it what homefield advantage is about. I'm pretty sure at this point he knows how everyone feels and that he is not playing up to par. He'd have to be Forrest Gump to not know at this point what is right in his face.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote