View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013   #138
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak to have team meeting Wednesday AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I just don't understand why the people who run this team can't see what's right in front of their eyes where Gary is concerned. How do you get lulled into believing that this guy is head coach/leader material? How do you stay in that Kubiak-Kool-Aid induced coma while watching him make the same mistakes year after year as he slowly crawls forward a team full of athletes who all have expiration dates stamped on them. Gary Kubiak has never given me a single thing to indicate that he understands the concept of urgency. Not in a game, not in a presser. Never.

If Bob McNair can look at him and see an inspiring leader then I despair of Bob ever knowing what one of those looks like.
True Story:

Last year. Seventh grade girls volleyball. The B team is playing. First match of the year.

It is a close match. We break their serve and one of our players rotates up to serve for the set (what we used to call a game). The coach can't watch, and turns her back to the game and doesn't see the winning serve.

One of the server's parents looks at me and says something about the coach not being able to take the pressure. I say something about Kubes and field goals and laugh and laugh and laugh.

That was the only time that rookie coach did that. She knew she had to project confidence and changed her ways. She developed some leadership.