View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013   #137
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should the Redskins change their name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
cak, no amount of spin will cause me to feel any different or think it's any less racist and derogatory.

Obviously, what I say and how I feel doesn't matter to the majority of you all either.

Somewhere in the convoluted gumbo that is my DNA are some Indians. The term IS a racial slur and the lady finds it offensive. There might be those who don't but it doesn't mean that she should simply get in step with them. If she's offended, she's offended.
Kids where I work figure a certain prejorative ceases to be a racial slur if it ends in "gga" as opposed to "gger". It's just as odious to me even when people of color use it.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote