View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak to have team meeting Wednesday AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I beg to differ.

I think he's a huge problem. Beyond his own play, I think the team lacks confidence with him at qb. A lack of confidence leads to a lack if aggression.

I don't want to "win with" a qb. I want a qb that can make plays consistently. Put whole drives on his back....dare I say entire games.
I agree he's a huge problem. I agree the team may have lost some confidence in him. Like I said, that is a bigger problem (to me) than Schaub himself. As a whole, this team tucks & run when the going gets tough. It probably starts with the head coach, whatever. But that's holding this team back more than Schaub is (in the big picture).

Maybe Schaub gets fixed. Maybe we have to go the rest of the season with Tj/Case. It doesn't matter if this team can't come up big in the situations they've been put in the past three games.

Had Matt played better we'd have been in the AFC Championship game. At the same time, if the run game was better, we'd have been in the AFC Championship game. If the defense played better, we'd have been in the AFC Championship game.

Yeah, if we get a great QB, a Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson.... well, that's not true since none of those guys were in the last two Super Bowls.

Like you, I never thought Matt was a great QB. & it's sad that we're struggling trying to get back to his best days. But this team is more than a QB away from a Super Bowl. I know this, because the run game & the defense didn't show up 2 years ago when Matt was out of the picture.

I'll go back to the Seattle game. "Everybody" wants to say that game changed on the pick6. Arguably we can say that's why we lost (you know my position) but that game changed after the Marshawn Lynch fumble.

After that fumble, the Seahawks defense said, "Nope, we're not going out like this." They held us to a field goal when we started on their 19 yard line. They didn't use the untimely fumble as an excuse for why they couldn't get a stop. They didn't use the 3 & outs we were forcing as an excuse for being tired. They focused on the task ahead of them & played football. We rarely got a first down after that. Then their offense went on a 99 yard TD scoring drive. They didn't throw their hands up because their QB fumbled the ball & recovered it at the one.

They nutted up & overcame and put 7 on the board.