View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013   #24
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum vs Manziel (Sumlin System)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
You'd argue, and you'd be pretty much alone. Most folks would take Case's passing game over JFF, but Case's scrambling ability (good as it is) isn't in the same universe.

My eyes and tape. Yates has been taken into the Kubiak system full-bore so his every motion looks like a duplicate of Schaub. Case doesn't. Case's pocket-presence is better, and his mobility is better. Whether Yates has similar physical tools doesn't matter if his modus operandi is to "be like Schaub".
i'm not touching the manziel part...i've said my piece on that...

as for the 2nd part....If you see that yates' MO is schaub-like....well......there's probably a reason for that.... the system as it is in place now is the only one either of them has ever known in the nfl. more importantly The coaching all 3 have been recieving is also the same. It stands to reason then using common sense, that their "MO's" are likely the same as well.

Everyone's exagerating Case's mobility...like it's Wilson, RG3 mobility...its not. He's slightly faster than Yates....not so much faster than Yates' that his game looks totally different. In any event, i don't see why everyone's acting like yates is a frickin statue back there like Schaub was. He had absolutely no issue scrambling for a 10 yard 1st down in the bengals regular season game as a rookie...& he can move around when he needs to.

Pocket prescence, keenum hasn't been tested against NFL starters to even get a feel for how good his pocket prescence is or isn't...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote