View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL considers adding 2 playoff teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Interesting.

I'd like to see them do away with conferences. Just have 8 division winners and 4 wildcard teams.

That we would most likely never see an 8-8 wildcard get in from one conference while an 11-5 teams misses out in the other conference. If you don't win your division, then the wildcard spots go to the teams with the four best records.

They will never do it, though. I think the the AFL history is wrapped up in the AFC, even though so much has changed since the merger.
They won't do away with the conferences because it's an easy way to divide up the TV contracts. No conferences and that can become a bit messy. In theory though, I like your idea. Most especially the part about only the best teams make it as wild cards without regard to division location.

But the NFL won't make any drastic changes unless it's very probably a money generator.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote