View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum vs Manziel (Sumlin System)

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
Not sure if this was posted.

But it is very entertaining considering people would like to draft Johnny.
Check it if you haven't read it before.

http://sportswunderkind.com/johnny-m...f-case-keenum/
I caught hell in the johnny manziel thread saying pretty much everything this guy said...Manziel isnt anymore talented than Case...i'd argue case is more talented than Manziel....the biggest thing that separates them in what they were able to achieve in terms of individual accolades and team success is talent around them and conference bias.

As i said in the manziel thread, people were enamored with his numbers and shocked that he was able to put up numbers in the mighty SEC...dont. Get me wrong, they were good for a freshman but certainly not heisman worthy. Over half of his TD's came against non-SEC teams. He performed great against Bama and was a big reason why they won...but its not like we hadnt seen that before. Hell, A&M's own Reggie Mcneal did the same thing to OU when they were #1 as a frosh.....and he came off the bench to do it.

the reality of it is is that conference bias is the single biggest thing
That screws up evaluating talent.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote