View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013   #1274
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The Lisfranc is causing Schaub problems. C-N-D predicted this BEFORE BoB/Rick/Gary signed Matt to the extention.

Schaub is reminding me of a less talented Marino at the end of his career, after Marino tore his achilles tendon. Marino was a sitting duck and lost his once great arm strength. He couldn't throw the ball 50 yds the last yr of his career.

Marino's mind told him he could still fit the ball into tight spaces. But because of his injury to the achilles his body wouldn't let him fit the ball in consistently. This led to turnovers and drove Jimmy Johnson crazy. Feet/Achilles problems are death knells to a QB's career. The feet provide the base/balance for a QB's accuracy. Without it a QB is screwed. (Schaub)
Posted this in another thread but it probably belongs here ---

I rewatched the 49ers game last night along with some of last seasons early games when the team & Schaub were rolling.

The biggest difference between now and then is .... Velocity. That's why those plays that were once the bread and butter of this offense are failing. Schaub lacks the velocity to make even those simple throws.

What physically separates the good players from the mediocre and bad in this league is a very small margin - the difference I see in Schaub isn't very small but significant.

I truly believe that the combination of injuries Schaub has incurred over the course of his career is the biggest reason behind his poor play. Most notably the lisfranc which has severely affected his ability to plant / drive.

Schaub never had a big arm to begin with , now he's lost a significant amount of velocity and having his worst season to date. Go back and look for yourselves , the loss of velocity is pretty startling IMO ....

The bad news ? This season that started with such high expectations is likely going to end in disappointment ....

The good news ?! We'll finally see the Texans use their first significant draft choice on a QB since HWWNBM & if they get it right in a QB rich draft .... we should be set for the next decade at the position. This is a really rich draft for QB talent with up to ten taken in the first two rounds pending underclassmen declaring.

All of the following grade out somewhere between the 1's - 3rd rounds (depending upon who you listen to) *X* are underclassmen.

*Teddy Bridgewater*
*Marcus Mariota*
*Brett Hundley*
Tajh Boyd
*Johnny Manziel*
Zach Mettenberger
Derek Carr
Aaron Murray
Stephen Morris
A.J. McCarron
David Fales

The first five are projected at this time to be first round picks.

(Give me Boyd , Murray or Manziel in that order - pending this is the offense they run - We wont have a shot at Teddy Bridgewater who's the likely #1 overall)

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote