View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013   #1270
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Yes. When an athlete (in this case a QB) loses his mechanics, especially with a foot problem of any sort, it changes not only how he plays, but how he THINKS. His play options and variety of plays carried out are distinctly narrowed, and the resulting patterns become increasingly set and more and more evident until in time they no longer go unnoticed. Just the opposite......they become extremely predictable to most observers. But because the underlying limitations don’t allow for the opening of any new doors, SELF-CONFIDENCE (no matter what you may hear) is quickly eroded bringing with it its own limitations. And so begins a vicious cycle leading to a uncontrollable downward spiral.
You can also point out that Schaub has been pretty bad since he got kicked in the balls on national tv last thanksgiving and the stats would justify it just as much. So I guess, don't get kicked in the balls on Thanksgiving.

EDIT: STAAAAAAAATS:

Prior to kick: 10 games, 6 over 100 QBR, 2 under 60% completion %
Post kick: 12 games, 2 over 100 QBR, 4 under 60% completion %.
Schaub played perfectly fine for like the first 7 or 8 weeks of football last year, why no talk about this injury then (because it didn't fit the story)?

EDIT2: Who's to say that Schaub's problem isn't something like this:

DOWN!
SET!
please don't kick me in the balls
HUT HUT!
please don't kick me in the balls PLEASE DON'T KICK ME IN THE BALLS HERE YOU CAN HAVE IT FINE WHATEVER