View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013   #70
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak sticking with Schaub - still named starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If that's 260.2 ypg out of 1000, that's pretty good. If that's 260.2 ypg out of 300, not so much.

If our offense & ST is so bad they've only got to put cover 300 ypg to score 34 points...... how good are we doing?

I believe our defense is playing well, very well. But not as good as the talent we've got on that side of the ball should be playing. If you give up two 70+ yard TD scoring drives in a game, that's a problem. If you give up a 90+ TD Scoring drive & an 80 yard scoring drive in the same game, that's a problem. If you give up a 99 yard TD scoring drive, that's a problem. If you've given up 9 TDs & a field goal in 10 red zone situations, that's a problem.

Not our biggest problem. But there is no way that Matt Schaub, Tj Yates, or Case Keenum are going to be able to hang with Denver (or New England when they get it figured out, & they will) if we're playing defense the way we're playing now. Especially since we are not generating any turn overs.
Be careful, using logic and common sense with this group might get you lynched!!