View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013   #37
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak sticking with Schaub - still named starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Because based on his previous play Schaub has shown that he is better than this. I'm not a fan of Schaub, but he's not this terrible. Chances are if you put Yates or Keenum in, they aren't going to light the world on fire. Considering they're backups, they probably won't even be good. I think there's a better chance of Schaub improving and at least being marginally good as opposed to either of those guys don't much of anything. Like I said, if Schaub continues to regress though then it's a moot point since Yates and/or Keenum will see time.
I see the angle you're coming from and not assuming you're a Schaub fan and it would be ok if you were but it seems your main point (if I am reading it right) is that because Yates and Keenum are back ups they won't be good.

Schaub was a back up until Kubiak somehow decided he was "the 1" and we brought him over. There have also been other back ups who have gone on to be fine QB's so I can't look at it in that way.

I'm not saying Yates or Keenum will light the league on fire, but if they can keep their underwear clean and actually NOT $hit their pants I take that as a marked improvement. At this point Schaub does NOT give the Texans the best chance to win IMO. There is no one better to bring in at this point from the outside and frankly no one in the draft class this year has me touching myself so.....why not give Yates or Keenum a shot (preferably Keenum IMO which I laid out why in the In support of Case thread).

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote