View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013   #24
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Link QB change has a profound effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan View Post
Nice vid, unfortunately they nailed it and so have several of the comments following. Kubes is loyal and follows the rank structure. That's why Yates will get the next shot.

I spent 25 years in the military and commanded several organizations. As you know, in the military you have a rank structure and something called "time in grade" (TIG) which simply means how senior you are for that rank. I believe Yates is the back-up because he's been in the league longer and did nothing in the pre-season to lose that position in Kubiak's mind. Maybe a little of that Aggie Military stuff was driven into his soul and he's too rigid to adapt.

I learned early in my career that those that adapt the quickest do the best. I never hired people for positions based on TIG, I bucked "the system" because I knew to have a winning organization you have to have the best people in the toughest positions.

GK, it's not a sin to buck the system. Give Case Keenum the ball and build the game plan around his strengths. I'm confident he'll give us a spark. He'll make mistakes, but he has "it" and I believe that magic is what we need to stop this train wreck and get us back on track. We can win this year. This team has a defense with heart, hell Watt, Cushing, etc. have more passion and talent then one team deserves. Foster, Andre, etc. want to win and they care, you can see it in their body language. They just need a LEADER. GK, give Case the ball and a game plan, he'll not only make you proud, he'll lead this team from the edge of the abyss and at the very least make this season entertaining if not fruitful.
I agree with this. I have a question, though. Will it make any difference who the quarterback is, whether it's Yates or Keennum, or even a high draft pick next year? Have other teams figured out Kubiak's playcalling? Not excusing Schaub, but I get the feeling defenses know what's coming. I just don't know if another quarterback is the answer.