View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013   #849
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB (Yates named #2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Our definition of making plays is obviously different. Wilson made a play getting the first down at the end of the game on 4th down.

TK the bold is where we differ. I don't see Matt getting back to 2011 form. Getting back to 2011 form physically is not possible. It is not 2011 in our division anymore. Good possibility that 2011 MS in 2013 does not win division. Really doesn't matter because 2011 MS is gone.

You are right in saying "it is what it is" in that we have no control over anything.
Gk has that.
I agree at least with 90% of what you're saying here. people need to remember, this guy's been in the league for 10 years already. There's is a natural slippage due to father time alone. Obviously through injuries that can be accelerated and in his case there's definitely some of that.....

I just think that as of this very moment, his issue isn't physical...despite what CnD says & has been saying. He's had a weak arm since we've had him here. He's been injured more than a few times since he's been here. Just through deductive reasoning you have to ask the question "why all of a sudden is his weak arm & physical limitations giving him issues that he was able to overcome earlier in his career?" It just doesn't make sense that it would become an issue 10 years into his career...especially without him having any significant arm issues.

Maybe his natural abilities were right on the floor of the "NFL physical talents" cut line & the little bit of slippage due to father time put him below the cut line....

Or maybe he's been in decline confidence wise since that 1st NE game & he finally bottomed out this year...this is what i believe...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote