View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013   #845
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB (Yates named #2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So what's the point? You want to make sure we know you're smarter than GK?

It's the popular opinion. Being right going against the grain is much more impressive. Stating the obvious proves nothing regardless how many times you re-post.

Especially about this, especially in regards to my opinion. I'd have benched Schaub after the pick 6 in Seattle & tried to win that game. Last week I would have made up my mind between Yates & Keenum, then designed the rest of the season around whoever I picked's strengths & weaknesses. Schaub would be the back-up. He would get an opportunity to get back on the field in the normal flow of the game the way a back-up would. Injury or benching.

He would understand that would be his only chance to ever "win" his job back. If he doesn't tear it up, not just mistake free, he's got to make plays. If not, he won't even be the back-up for the next game.
I would have made the change 4 weeks ago and made Keenum the starter not TJ. TJ is MS as far as mindset goes.
The writing was on the wall THEN. Schaub cannot make plays! You don't know this by now. Not MS's fault, just the way it is. With his QB skills now and his known weaknesses it is too much to expect him to make plays on a consistent basis.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote