View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013   #1263
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Young QB jealousy, we need a stud QB prospect this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I admit, I am jealous watching team after team with young, talented, mobile QBs. Geno Smith tonight look great. He took OWNERSHIP of his mistakes last week (pathetic Schaub can learn). I want a shiny, young QB prospect. We have a dinosaur of a QB with an antiquated offense.
This will almost automatically put a team, in it's prime, into rebuilding mode. More shiny, young QB prospect's end up cratering than succeeding. I'm much more concerned with seeing what we have behind Schaub now than gambling on a draft prospect.

If Kubiak sticks with Schaub, I can very easily see McNair firing him and then we get to that rebuilding mode again. What are the chances of the Texans having the players that fit the new regime's schemes? Actually, I can see Wade Phillips getting the shot as HC, so there might be hope. Especially if he could get Kyle Shannahan back. Our O kicked ass with him as OC. Not likely, but it could happen.

I wonder what the chances of resigning Watt are if the Texans stay the course they are on now. He could sign with any team in the league and get the pay day he deserves. I doubt he'll give Houston much thought if they keep running the same loser out week after week because the HC is a stubborn fuktard.