View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Hogan from Stanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Here are my thoughts:

1. QBs that are seniors and MUST come out
Tajh Boyd, Aaron Murray, Zach Mettenberger, Stephen Morris, Derek Carr, AJ McCarron, David Fallas, Jeff Matthews, Logan Thomas.

Of this group, I would say Boyd and Murray are the only franchise type QBs. I think McCarron and Mettenberger could be good to above average QBs. The others grade out to me as backups or projects.

2. QBs near locks to come out
Teddy Bridgewater, Johnney Manziel

Both of these guys are likely top first rounders and thus likely to come out. I currently have Bridgewater in the franchise category and Manziel in the above average category.

3. QBs who may be in play for 2015

Brett Hundley, Kevin Hogan, Marcus Mariota, Travis Wilson, JW Walsh, Jeff Driskel, Braaxton Miller.

There are numerous high end QBs who could be coming into the draft in 2015. According to my math there are 3 franchise QBs in 2014. In contrast I have 4 franchise QBs in 2015 (Hundley, Hogan, Mariota, and Walsh.)

Based on who is around them, I expect one of Hundley, Hogan, or Mariota to declare for 14. I think Bridgewater will be the #1 QB off the board, the Hundley/Hogan/Mariota early declaration will be #2, Manziel #3 and then Boyd/Murray/McCarron group.
Would you be willing to post which will be available to Texans in first and second rounds? Let's use #23 & 55 just for grins. I have Bridgewater, Boyd, Hundley and Mariota (if they come out) gone by #23. I think if only one of Hundley, Mariota comes out, Manziel will be gone also and maybe regardless. I think Murray gone before our second. McCarron & Mettenberger should be avail #55 but may be at #87. AJ is currently ranked #91 and if so, would be a steal imo.