View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013   #14
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Draft Eligible QB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Bridgewater, Boyd, and Hundley are all guys that use their mobility to enhance the passing game. They can escape pressure, but they are looking downfield.

Mariota and Manziel are both run-first guys that scramble at the first sign of pressure. Manziel, in particular, has a tendency to break the pocket on the blitz even if everything is picked up. I have serious reservations about how he reacts to NFL defenses.
I was enamored with Mariota last year, but then I watched more game tape and came to the same conclusion you did. We need someone who will stay in the pocket a bit longer.

I liked Bridgewater a lot last year, but haven't watched him much this year cause I figure he's a top pick and we won't trade up that far. I wish he was playing some tougher competition this year as well.
NCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote