View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013   #12
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Draft Eligible QB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I'm actually not a big Mariota fan. The Oregon offense sets everything up for the QB and all he has to do is not mess it up. Like Manziel, he won't be able to run like he does to escape pressure and mistakes. He's going to have to live off his arm, not his legs.

However, most scouts see him as the top guy behind Bridgewater so that's why I ranked him #2. In my personal opinion, Boyd is #2 and Hundley #3.
As homer as I am about Manziel, this is my concern with him in the NFL. I have fears that he's just a system baby, same as I have/had fears about Keenum, though I was impressed with Keenum's play in the preseason.

That being said Manziel is trying really hard to showcase that he can be a pocket passer. There is a distinct lack of magical runs on broken plays though he is just as good dodging defenders in the backfield as he was last year. Whether he actually looks good as a pocket passer is yet to be determined. I'll say this about him, though. He doesn't jump to the run right after one read. He's going through his progressions.

In an ideal world he stays one more year and improves even more, but that's not happening. He needs to work on being a pass first guy.

For the record my ideal, rational choice for this team is Tajh Boyd. I think TexansSeminole is also on that bandwagon with me. I just like being an irrational homer
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote