View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013   #9
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Draft Eligible QB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Tell me more about this Hundley kid...haven't seen him play much...
He was a top recruit coming out of Arizona. He has a very strong arm with good zip. Not great top end speed, but very good mobility. Like I've said before, he's a passer that can run, not a runner that can throw (Mariota is the later, IMO). Makes solid decisions and rarely hesitates. UCLA runs somewhat of a Pistol Spread, but Noel Mazzone incorporates a lot of pro concepts into his offense. Jim Mora is his head coach and there is a lot of NFL experience on the staff.

Beat out 2 Seniors as a RS Freshman for the starting job. Completed 66% of his passes for 3,740 yards and 29 TD's with 11 picks. Also ran for 355 yards and 9 TD's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Also, what are your thoughts on trying to make a trade for 1 of these young prospects from off someone's team in the NFL....

Dysert/Osweiler from the Broncos

Foles from the Eagles?

Bray from the chiefs?
I'm not really in the "trade for prospect" camp. The draft next year is too good at QB. I think we could draft a better prospect than we could trade for. We could end up with a pretty good shot at landing a guy like Boyd in the 1st without trading up. Of the guys on that list, Foles is the only one I would even consider trading for. Also Kirk Cousins from the Redskins.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote