View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013   #1232
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I have yet to see a valid reason why Keenum should not get a shot. The objections to him that I've read and heard are all assumed limitations with no supporting examples. What has been proven is that he can do things that Schaub and Yates cannot do.

For the record, I'm a Longhorn, not a Cougar, and I was against VY going to the Texans.
I can offer one valid reason.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtYKtUT4WDU

Not to discredit Case, but this was a powerful moment and is hard to dismiss as a justification to give TJ a shot instead of Case. You speak of things Case can do that Schaub and Yates can't, however, that moment bears significant weight.

I have not seen Case play ever, except for preseason NFL games, which is VERY difficult to put any stock in. But to read into the Keenum supporters, if his skillset is as deserving a shot as it's made out to be, then I can assume that Keenum has been 3rd string out of Kubiak's Loyalty to #8 and #13, which if has any truth to it, doesn't bode well for Case does it?

The prospect of Case being an Arian Foster type of undrafted talent is intriguing to me, personally, as I've seen nothing to suggest that TJ is to the QB position what Arian is to the RB position. But I'm inclined to think Houston fans can't be lucky enough to see lightening strike twice like that in such close proximity. Would I love to see that theory proven wrong? YES