View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013   #42
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ill Say It. Reed Looks Like Crap

We signed Ed Reed to help us in the second half of the season and the playoffs. That's a fact. We didn't really care all that much about his early impact and I get that. I don't hold anything against the Texans for taking a shot at Reed. I applaud them for doing it. I do think that Reed was less than honest about his hip and that he had a pretty damn good idea that he would probably never deliver on the contract he signed. I think he probably felt like he wouldn't need to put up until late in the year anyway and then maybe he felt like he had another playoff run in him at best.

unfortunately we're not going to the playoffs this year and Ed Reed isn't going to make any difference at all.

Like I said, I applaud the Texans for taking a shot at someone. I just don't understand exactly why they'd go this deep into investing in Ed Reed and not make every possible effort to pursue Manning. He's only possibly the greatest QB in the history of QB's. It's nice to see the Texans taking the rare shot at an epic move. It would be nicer if their moves made more sense though.