View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013   #82
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Season is over, unless ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
We have been grooming a backup .... Just not a replacement.

QB is the hardest position in sports to fill. How many truly elite QB's are there on the planet ?! Four. Manning , Brady , Brees , Rogers So we have 32 teams who all want one of those few players.

28 teams dont have one elite QB much less a second standing there waiting to replace the guy in front of them. Those teams have to win by other means and this team was built to win with average QB play with its balanced offense and very good defense.

Sadly for our Texans , Schaub went from middle of the pack to absolutely horrible right before our eyes , from 11th in QBR alltime to damaged goods.

I can only think of two times where teams went from one great QB to another instantly Favre to Rogers & Montana to Young. You might throw Manning to Luck in the conversation but that wasn't a seamless transition , they had to go 2-14 to get Luck.

At this point , I'd like to see a change under center too .... But not because I believe one of those backups are better , but because of the potential (however slim) that one might be.
(bolded) Kinda' reminds me of the drop off we saw in Donovan McNabb. Toward the end, he was a competent enough QB, but almost overnight went south and looked like a shell of his former self. He could not make a play to save his life, and it's obvious with Schaub setting such a dubious pathetic record that his best years are way behind him.

Kubiak's faith in Schaub is blinding his objectivity.