View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013   #1209
SWATteam
Rookie

Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

As much as we get frustrated by Kubiak's conservative offense sometimes, sadly all we needed was for Schaub to be Alex Smith this year. We have a top defense + running game and the best punter in the league (history?) to play the field position game. All he had to do was not make stupid decisions and screw up basic reads.

I can't believe I'm saying a pro QB should be like Alex Smith, the definition of mediocre and game manager, but Schaub can't even do that~! I have no doubt that we'd be at least 4-1 and a playoff team if he could just manage not to spot the other team 7 every game. We're lucky to have even beaten the Bengals and Schaub's ginger cousin Andy Dalton last year because of his horrible pick 6.

Do I believe we would be a legit SB contender playing that style or that the Chiefs have a shot this year? Most likely no, but it has to be less frustrating than what's going on so far. Only positive I can see is if hopefully it forces a change and saves us from another year under Schaub...
SWATteam is offline   Reply With Quote