View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013   #22
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ill Say It. Reed Looks Like Crap

From 05/17/13:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I read that last night. Most of my previous posts still stand re. the originally injured hip, and a "minor" tear of a contralateral hip (cartilaginous damage). With this confirmation of the new tear being on the contralateral hip, there brings into play the possibility of presence of a classic "triad" which is not uncommonly closely associated with these injuries.........i.e., hip labral tears, rectus abdominis tears [abdomen], and adductor strains in NFL players have come to be formally coined the “Sports Hip Triad.” There is nothing to be getting relaxed about by the revelation of any additional injuries to Reed's hip, even though it is on the other side. It only affirms progression of an injury history. Yet time will tell what affect it has in terms of short-term and long-term performance.
Last week, Reed showed up on the Injury Report with an "abdomen." I suggested this being part of development of a "sports hernia" which is part of the "sports hip triad" process.

From immediately after the Seahawk's game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I remain very skeptical. Until they test him, and test him often, I will remain skeptical. At this point, his not being tested can only be based on previous reputation. That phase will only last so long.
He was tested this week.......

From the very beginning, based on his history of this injury and past injuries, I related the probability that Reed would not return as a useful cog on our team if he returned at all. After having had recent injections and still dealing with "breaking up scar tissue," he was not an appropriate candidate for return to begin with. Reed's strong ego, with the help of some continued poor organization decisions laced with unrealistic expectations, allowed him to specifically return in hopes of a break out performance against his old team.

There is no doubt in my mind that during this game, in one of the only plays that he experienced contact, he either extended an existing injury and/or suffered another related injury.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote