View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Guess Kubiak's speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
"No... I don't think Matt was struggling, that wasn't on my mind when I decided to put Tj in. We thought Matt needed a rest, just like we put Ben in for Wade last week. We talked about it before the game & He's been playing a lot of football, so we were hoping we'd have an opportunity to rest him a bit there. He was getting ready to come back, but we just ran out of time."

"Matt's our QB, he's going to be our QB next week. He's confident, he did some good things. He's struggling, I'll give you that, but he's confident, the team's confident in him. Matt's going to come out of it."

"No, I'm not going to take the blame for that pick 6 today, that was on Andre. We worked on that all week, Andre knows if Matt throws an INT, he's got to get in there & make a play. We ran that same pick 6 later in the game, but Andre got on him, made a play. We'll most likely do it again next week, we'll get better, limit the yardage they get on those plays."

"My job..... you know I think I'm luckier than a two dck dog. We've been over this before, I don't know what McNair's going to have me do when we get back to Houston, but I'm sure it's going to involve whip cream & a biscuit, well I hope there's whip cream involved."
lol! MSR

I couldn't help but hear Kubiak say it as I read it. I actually laughed out loud with your Andre blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think they are maybe a bit detached from reality down there. Too close to the situation maybe. Someone needs to tell kubiak that he needs to step back and hopefully gain some clarity because it seems they've adopted the attitude that no matter what happens they are entitled to another shot next week, next year...

Kubiak has given Schaub that sense of entitlement and neither have accomplished much really.

Schaub's comments were disgusting. He's not even owning his mistakes anymore. Everything is "we". And he keeps talking about how the team has a lot to improve on. Guys aren't going to like that. I see it on the players faces. They don't believe in him anymore.

And kubiak named him starter already. This is about to go south really fast guys. It's going to get ugly.
Great point about being detached. They almost have a 'speaking in third person' vibe about them. Repeating variants of the same generic phrases with glazed looks on their faces.

I noticed that "we" thing in Schaub's interview, as well.

"We have to get better from top to bottom" , irrc.

It sounded like he's programmed to say that, just by osmosis and now he's an extension of Kubiak.