View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013   #1195
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
This point seems a little strange to me, since it assumes Yates has done nothing since he played for us in 2011. We don't know if Yates has improved or not, either, since all we've seen out of both Keenum and Yates is preseason performances, which can be pretty misleading.

However, I'm fully aboard the start Keenum train just because I'm tired of all the Keenum nuttiness on this board. Either he wins for us and and I'm happy, or the Keenum love stops, and I'm happy.
Yates has shown that he wouldn't be anything other then a Jason Campbell type of QB at best. A decent starter in some games, and a back up type of guy in the rest. He is and never was a guy that was touted to be an NFL starter. Maybe you feel differently, but I don't see any potential that would lead me to think that he could be a big time passer in this league.

And yes Keenum on the other hand has shown me that he potentially could. He can move in and out of the pocket and has a very quick release. He puts the ball in small windows on a lot of throws that I know a guy like Schaub would never even attempt. He reminds me of a shorter version of Romo actually. What I don't know is if he can play well in the clutch or even in big regular season games? I'm dying to find out. I want to see if he can become an igniter for this offense right now. But with this same ole stubborn safe HC coach, we'll probably never find out. We'll just suffer through Schaub until the off season where he'll get another 4 years to see what he can do with another QB.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote