View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013   #1138
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
We have all the pieces of a Super Bowl winning team. The Houston Texans, talent wise, are every bit as good as say the 5-0 Denver Broncos. The main problem is quarterback play. It's just frustrating to watch because this team is talented and fun to watch otherwise.
There's more to it than that though I agree that QB play is a huge part of it.

I think one of the biggest problems is that our offensive system is something of a dinosaur. We've all heard it said that the Texans work hard to score and it's true. We grind our way down the field praying that nothing goes wrong along the way. Running backs slip through narrow creases, receivers usually catch the ball with a defender right alongside them and too often in bizarre locations. They scoop it up off the ground or go up high and get drilled. Our QB seems to constantly be under pressure and when it isn't there he still acts like it is. This is our system as much as it is our personnel.

That's what I think. I'm probably wrong but it feels like everyone in the NFL knows exactly what we're about to do and how to stop it. Easy touchdowns aren't a feature of this offense and we don't see them very often.