View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
I'm an LSU fan so admittedly I'm a little biased here but what do you guys think of Mettenberger? He doesn't come with the athleticism of someone like Boyd but his arm strength is legit and he's been really decisive, especially on 3rd down.

It helps that he has ODB and Juice to throw to (Landry in particular has been insane this year; if not for our WR depth this year I'd want Houston to pick him up instead), though Mett has made some insane throws to get them the ball. Anyone see that third-and-long to Landry in double/triple coverage? Yeesh.
He is really helping himself so far this season but I just can't seem to get excited about him. I will wait him out and see how he does for few more games. I have Murray and McCarron ahead of him. Stats and size are good but when I watched him again today, I went "meh".

ps: I think we now know Miss State now what many thought a few weeks ago.