Thread: Ben Tate poll
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ben Tate poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Arians ypc have declined each season, but he's still thought of as a good back. I think with backs the gaudy ypc numbers on not as many carries aren't as impressive as a reliable guy with a lot of carries that's able to consistently churn out yards.
You're absolutely right, & that's why 1000 yard seasons are "notable."

A 1000 yard season in & of itself is no big deal, just like you've stated. However, you get a guy who churns out 1000 yards year after year, you've got yourself a franchise back.

There will probably be a bunch of guys who'll run for a thousand this year, but I bet very few of them ran for a thousand last year, or the year before that, & most of them won't run for 1000 yards next year.

Same thing with 4000 yard QBs. No doubt, there are some badasses who'll throw for 5000 yards year in & year out (I think there's a grand total of 1 guy with back to back 5000 yard seasons in the league right now).

You can make it 4700 yards, 4500 yards.. whatever you want. But the list of guys with 4000 yards over the last 4 years is still a pretty impressive list.