View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013   #111
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok here it comes....Do the Texans look at aquiring Josh Freeman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
You must not have seen Josh Freeman play in 2010 or even in 2012 last year. He was pretty damn good. There's a reason why he's been a successful starting quarterback in the NFL. Then again, Matt Schaub was really good at one time in his younger days.

The point being we need to find a younger quarterback sooner or later. Is Yates or Keenum the answer? To me neither is a starter. They're both career backups. I also wouldn't discount Alex Smith either. He has his team with a better record than ours right now. Doing it with limited turnovers and isn't making the same boneheaded mistakes that Schaub is.

And mind you, the Chiefs have nowhere near the talent level that the Texans have as a team. And yet they are a perfect 4-0 because Alex Smith is a smart decision maker. You don't need an elite quarterback to win games. We went 12-4 last season with Schaub. But can we win a Super Bowl with Schaub? I just don't know. We'll see. Joe Flacco won the Super Bowl last year so anything is possible.
I know exactly what he did that season and he looked like a very good up and comer, but that was THREE YEARS AGO, and he has progressed more and more each season to the point that his current team just wanted him gone. He's been a total bust at this point. His name shouldn't even be remotely thought of to replace Schaub. Not to mention his own team voted him out of being a freaking captain.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote