Thread: Ben Tate poll
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ben Tate poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
But something I thought about in regards to the thread: does it really matter if his ypc dropped?

Fact is, Tate is not that far behind Arian yardage wise. And he has significantly fewer carries. Yeah his ypc might drop, but he would likely still be the more productive runner on a per carry basis. Unless he started going backwards
I was thinking a big part of the reason for Arian's low ypc, this year & last was getting those carries late in the game when we're trying to run out the clock. I was thinking if Tate were in there, he'd get more of those 2 yard carries, a few carries for a loss, etc...

Or I wondered if people still expect to see him break those 7+ yard runs at the end of games.

I do believe his numbers are better than Arian's, partly because he's a more direct runner. He's got true speed & real burst.... but he's also not getting a bunch of 3rd & 1s or goal line carries either.

So, if you're looking to trade Ben (which I don't think is going to happen) do you want to give him more carries, putting him in more of those "get stuffed" situations?