View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013   #19
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
maybe TE. OD's contract is coming up. but i guess GG has been playing well and Ryan Griffen looked really good during pre season so probably doesn't happen.

I think they go CB, because im not convinced that KJ stays after his contract is done, JJoe's cap is getting high and even though his improved game by game this season his still not at his best. and our backups are not top CB material so i think you get a guy now let him sit for a year then starts year 2.

My preference though would be to go ILB, i would love to have a 2 header monster at the Backer position much like the 49ers do.

Also i think its really really really unlikely we go QB, at least for this year maybe next but cant see it happening this year unless we win only 6 games or something like that

TE won't happen in the 1st for the reasons you stated.

I agree with everything you said regarding CB, and agree it should be our 1st round pick. In this modern day pass happy NFL a team really needs 3 starting CB's.

I want that 2 headed monster in the middle as well, but I think it can be Cushing and Reed by drafting a stud OLB thus fixing 2 positions with one pick.

Feel the same about QB, very unlikely unless the bottom just drops out on this season and we've got way to much talent for that to happen.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote