View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013   #18
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Well eliminated a couple positions from the above list of possibilities.

Safety, Clinton-Dix is the only guy worthy of a 1st round pick and he went and got himself kicked off the team by hiring an agent. I doubt the Texans go for someone making this kind of bone headed move.

QB, as badly as I want Schaub gone and someone else in his place, if it does happen I think it would be Keenum. I don't think we draft a QB early to replace Schaub.

DE/DT, the more I think about it the more I think Antonio Smith is gone after this season in FA (hate to see him go) and that his replacement is already here, Crick, Montgomery, or Jamison. It will most likely be Crick that gets a year to show that he can replace the Ninja.

OT, I don't see the Texans selecting a RT in the 1st round, maybe in the 2nd but most likely in the 3rd. It's possible but doubtful. I just don't think they value the position that high.

That leaves only OLB or CB. I think OLB offers us the most immediate bang for our buck because of the ability to fix 2 positions with 1 pick by moving Reed to ILB. Filling OLB might also depend on the development of Willie Jefferson who looked so promising in TC. This also seems like a very good year for CB so we might be able to wait until the 2nd to find a future starter and immediate quality depth. CB is a position that I want a stud at so I'd like to get the best one we can even if he doesn't play as a rookie and it's currently at the top of my mock draft.

Other than QB, what's your reasoning for taking another position in the 1st?
maybe TE. OD's contract is coming up. but i guess GG has been playing well and Ryan Griffen looked really good during pre season so probably doesn't happen.

I think they go CB, because im not convinced that KJ stays after his contract is done, JJoe's cap is getting high and even though his improved game by game this season his still not at his best. and our backups are not top CB material so i think you get a guy now let him sit for a year then starts year 2.

My preference though would be to go ILB, i would love to have a 2 header monster at the Backer position much like the 49ers do.

Also i think its really really really unlikely we go QB, at least for this year maybe next but cant see it happening this year unless we win only 6 games or something like that
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote