View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013   #96
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Time for a players only meeting

I regularly listen to Koch&Kalu. They both believe team meetings are useless & that it was premature to call a team meeting at 2-2.

I think differently. First, I'd much rather they call a team meeting before they get to a 3 game losing streak, not after. Secondly, we've seen flashes of greatness & flashes of some pretty poor play. With a little, a little more effort they could be 4-0. A little less effort (again, a little) they could be 0-4.

This is the perfect time to talk about it. For the leaders to commit to each other, for the role players to commit to each other, for everyone to commit to everyone. For Antonio, Manning, & Reed to tell them where they've been, what they've seen, what it takes to get to the Super Bowl...... Reed can tell them that the Ravens weren't much different, they weren't perfect, they made mistakes.

But it's not about mistakes. It's about effort.

If you're thinking about mistakes, you're thinking about the last play, or the play before that, or the possession before the last. When you're focused on effort, your thinking about the next play. You're thinking about being the best you can be on the next play, trusting that your team mates will be the best they can be on the next play...... then all you've got to do, is your job.

Simple.