View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013   #1058
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
We said the same thing about HHWNBM I don't know how many times .... then after he left , we realized many of those sacks and protection breakdowns were his fault.
Uh..... y'all said the same thing about HHWNWBM. I told y'all he was creating those sacks. I remember saying if you've changed out all five positions, some more than once.... it's probably not the OL.

That said, comparing Schaub to Carr is a bit premature, though we're getting closer to that. I mentioned in another thread the "most blitzed QB in the NFL" stat is telling. He's not beating the blitz & DCs feel the rewards of blitzing him are well worth the risk (6 points).

He's got to fix that. No one else can. Throwing 2 yards short of the sticks doesn't help his cause. It only makes it worse.

Pushing the score, converting 3rd downs.... those have got to become more important to Matt Schaub than they are now. Sure, he's not a duma55, he knows they're important. But when we're down by 2 scores in the 4th qtr, like the Chargers game, it's like Defcon5 for Matt. He needs that sense of urgency when we've just scored 14 points on the best defense in the NFL & they just fumbled the ball on their own 19 yard line.

He's got to believe a TD there would have knocked the wind out of the Seahawks, & kicking them when they're down is the most humane thing he could do (as opposed to the long agonizing effects of letting them back in the game & letting his team down).

Then if the Seahawks still have a little spunk in them, he's got to resolve to do it again, & again, & again until the clock reads 0:00