View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013   #1055
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 57086 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Winston did suck in pass protection. Matt's bad streak started when Newton got hurt. He's never recovered.
I would agree with that. What I am trying to point out is, Schaub has not regressed. He is still the same immobile QB he has always been. Last season he may have shown problems from the foot injury late in the season, but the foot is not the problem this season. His pass protection is what has regressed.

Until that problem is resolved, I do not care who you put back there, they will fail. Yea Yates or Keenum will run around allot more, and yeah they will pick up some first downs, but ultimately you cannot run you QB around all year long running for his life. It disrupts the rest of the offense all for the sake of extending plays. I think the simple example, at least in Kubiak's eyes is. The Tortoise and the Hare. Slow and steady.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote