View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013   #94
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
When Peyton Manning is available to QB your football team you say "Yes".

It's really that simple.
It's not that easy. Keep in mind, he was coming off neck surgery where no one knew of his current condition. He would not have public workouts. There were rumors his arm was weak. People did not know how his body would react if he took a big hit. And while he was at it, he's asking to be the highest paid QB in the league. It's not that easy of a decision.

It was easy for Denver, because they made it to the 2nd round with arguably the worst starting QB in the league. They almost had nothing to lose going for Peyton.

Now looking back, seeing how Peyton has played, it's easy to say we should have signed him. If we knew for sure he'd be playing at this level, I think almost every team in the league would have done as much as possible to get him. I even think the Colts would have tried to keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote