View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013   #74
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113664 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: IS USC Better Than TAMU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't think you understand the time frame.

Notredame hasn't don't much in terms of championship winning in quite a while. They are still regarded as one if those schools that is a great coaching job.

UT is another one of those schools. USC is one as well.

Tamu isn't a bad job. It's just not on the same level as those schools and it would likely take a very, very, very long time to surpas or match those schools.
I understand your point, as it's a valid one. However, I differentiate between "elite" in terms of results and "prestige" in terms of what you are talking about - the draw of the coaching job itself. I am not saying A&M is elite, but consistency of excellence will make them elite.

Sumlin is set up here, and he's set up much better than he was in Houston. He's got the conference, the recruiting, the new stadium, and the wholehearted faith of the athletics department here. If prestige is an all important thing to Sumlin, he'll leave. If having things the way he wants it, set up to how he likes... I don't think so.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote