View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans vs. 49ers Injury Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Quote:
“We had a made a decision,” Kubiak said. “Wade’s coming off his knee and he was playing a ton of snaps. He played every snap going into this week and, looking at the long haul, we thought we needed to take a few snaps off of him, so we played Ben (Jones) a couple of series I think in the game. He took about 15-20 snaps off of Wade. Wade responded, he played very good in the game. He gives us everything he has, but we were a little concerned the wear and tear with what was going on with the knee coming back so quick, so that’s what we did.”

I think this is bull. Would have been nice to see the "precautionary" measure before Sunday. Would have been nice to hear about it before the game. As we got neither, I believe this is Kubiak speak for, "We benched his a55 because he sucks!!"

He's found himself in a situation where he needs BenJones on the right side & don't want to tell everyone, "We've got no choice but continue to play Smith on the left side."

We could have saved $5M against the cap had we cut him, started Ben Jones (Q was the first choice) then get Menkins ready to play. Wade doesn't have it & hasn't had it for a few yeas now (imo)... pro bowl.. pfft, it was Andre Caldwell's name on the ballot, not Wade Smith's, but they gave Smith the votes.