View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013   #74
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok here it comes....Do the Texans look at aquiring Josh Freeman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I still don't think Smith is any better than Schaub. Trust me, I'm not a Schaub fan at all and would like to see him benched, but the fact is Alex Smith has been on teams with a lot of talent. I don't have the exact numbers, but I'm willing to bet Smith's passing attempts per game are much lower than Schaub's. We're not just a running team. We rely on the pass as well, and I don't believe Smith offers that.

Wins don't make a player good. It's a team game. Doesn't Tebow have a ridiculous amount of wins as a starter as well?

With that said, I would love for the Texans to take a look at Freeman. With the right coaching, I think he can be a much better passer than Matt Schaub. But then again, that's not saying much...
Here's a post from before Schaub was extended showing Smith's 2011 attempts Vs Int's .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Smith is a limited QB like Schaub .... he is a little more mobile tho.

Upgrade ? I don't know .... but like Schaub Smith doesn't make many mistakes. He threw a total of 5 INT's in 445 attempts last season. That's taking care of the ball.
He's also more mobile and has a stronger arm .... even if only marginally better in either.

That's a QB who went 13-3 last year and was on track to repeat that prior to being sidelined by an injury, Smith was 6-2 as the starter while Colin Kaepernick has gone 4-2-1 with that same team .... with a loss and tie to a .500 Rams team.
Stats from NLF.com

Attempts / Int's / Int percentage.

Smith
2011 445/5 1.1%
2012 218/5 (injury shortened benched for Kaepernick the final 6) 2.3%
2013 146/2 1.4%

Schaub
2011 292/6 2.1% (Lisfranc injury)
2012 544/12 2.2%
2013 177/6 3.4%

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote