View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013   #72
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok here it comes....Do the Texans look at aquiring Josh Freeman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
When I mentioned Smith last year (just before Schaub was extended) I was laughed out of the building .... Now I don't seem so silly afterall.

I'd have taken Smith then , I'd take him now. 23-5-1 as a starter in the NFL from 2011/12&13 .... those are gaudy numbers even if his stats are pedestrian.
I still don't think Smith is any better than Schaub. Trust me, I'm not a Schaub fan at all and would like to see him benched, but the fact is Alex Smith has been on teams with a lot of talent. I don't have the exact numbers, but I'm willing to bet Smith's passing attempts per game are much lower than Schaub's. We're not just a running team. We rely on the pass as well, and I don't believe Smith offers that.

Wins don't make a player good. It's a team game. Doesn't Tebow have a ridiculous amount of wins as a starter as well?

With that said, I would love for the Texans to take a look at Freeman. With the right coaching, I think he can be a much better passer than Matt Schaub. But then again, that's not saying much...