View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013   #42
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early 2014 Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
This

The Texans seem to be a day late and a dollar short when it comes to the draft.

Example, it took the Texans nearly a decade to draft a high end WR2 to go next to AJ.

Meanwhile teans like the Packers (Nelson/Jones/Driver) Pats (Givens, Patten, Welker) Steelers (Ward/A.Brown/Sanders/Wallace) Giants (Cruz/Mabbibgham) etc.... Seemed to be able to find several WR2's without having to spend a 1st rd pick.

Kubiak knows Schaub isn't the answer and will spend a 1st on a QB. Whatever the Texans most pressing need is, is what they spend their 1st rd pick on every yr. This yr will be QB, I just hope they dont take Boyd. If they want a QB like Boyd, they should just take the better version of Boyd. (Manziel)
Manziel may be a better QB than Boyd (stats wise or otherwise) and he may be an Aggie like Kubes, but, there is one area that Manziel fails at, as far as the Texans are concerned anyway, and that's his maturity. I don't think the Texans will touch him with a 10' pole with all the "baggage" he has and the circus that comes with him. It's just too much. Plus, and maybe I'm wrong on this, but I don't think he fits the style of what Kubes wants in a QB. Chip Kelly, yes. Kubes, no.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote